Chicken Cajun Pasta
Chicken in a Cajun-style cream sauce with mushrooms, bell pepper and sun-dried tomatoes tossed with linguine pasta.
12 ounces linguine pasta
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
2 thinly sliced green onions
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup drained and chopped sun dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Additional Parmesan for accompaniment
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Place in a large, warm serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender and golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper and green onion; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add chicken broth and bring to boil; reduce liquid volume by half over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the heavy cream, tomatoes, basil and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste and heat thoroughly.
- Pour sauce over linguine add the 1/2 cup Parmesan and toss well to combine.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese for sprinkling, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.