Chicken Cajun Pasta
Tender chunks of chicken, onions, sliced mushrooms, bell pepper and spaghetti are tossed with a creamy, Cajun-style tomato sauce.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon Cajun spice
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
2 cups chicken stock or broth
2 cups vegetable-tomato juice
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
12 ounces spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package directions
Additional Parmesan cheese for accompaniment
- Toss prepared chicken with the Cajun spice.
- Heat butter in heavy, large skillet over medium-heat. When hot, add chicken and sauté until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and sauté for a few seconds. Add mushrooms, onions and peppers and sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken stock, vegetable-tomato juice and Cajun spice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly.
- While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Add cooked pasta and 1 cup Parmesan cheese to skillet and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately with additional Parmesan for sprinkling on top.
Makes 4 servings.