"These are the best and easiest chicken fingers I have ever come across." Recipe submitted by VAPudelko.
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon garlic powder
6 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a zip-lock bag, place 1 chicken breast and seal bag part way. Pound chicken until flat and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. After all chicken has been flattened, cut into strips and place in another zip-lock bag.
- Mix the buttermilk, garlic powder, and beaten egg together. Pour mixture into chicken bag and seal. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for 4 to 6 hours. (The longer it sits, the stronger the garlic flavor will be.)
- In yet another zip-lock bag, combine flour, bread crumbs, salt, and baking powder. Seal bag and shake to mix.
- After marinating chicken, Place a few pieces of chicken into the flour mix bag,seal and shake to coat meat.
- Fry in pan of heated oil until browned, about 7 minutes usually. Remove meat and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.