Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Give leftover cooked rice new life by using
it to prepare this tasty main dish.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,
cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil*
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 cups cold, cooked rice
- 6 green (spring) onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Additional sliced green onions for garnish
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat very little oil in a frying pan and make an omelette with
half the beaten eggs. Turn on to a plate to cool (do not fold
omelette). Repeat process with remaining beaten eggs. Place one
omelette on top of the other, fold and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken strips
with the sesame oil; salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil over
high heat in large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the prepared
chicken strips until lightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add
the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until
onion has softened. Add 2 tablespoons more vegetable oil and
when hot, stir in the cooked rice and green onions, tossing and
mixing thoroughly until very hot. Sprinkle with soy sauce and
mix evenly. Remove from heat and stir in diced cooked egg. If
desired, garnish with additional sliced green onions.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
*Available in the Asian section of most
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.