Chicken in Honey Sauce
Oven-fried chicken in a lemon-honey butter sauce.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) broiler-fryer, cut up
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a plastic bag; shake to mix.
- Place 2 pieces of chicken in bag; shake to coat chicken.
- Dip floured chicken in 1/2 cup melted butter. Place chicken, skin side up, in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Repeat process with remaining chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F (205°C) for 30 minutes.
- Drain off pan drippings; turn chicken over.
- Combine honey, lemon juice and 1/4 cup melted butter; pour over chicken. Cover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until done, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Makes 4 servings.