Chicken & Basil and Cream Sauce
This fuss-free dinner is perfect for casual entertaining.
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed - divided use
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2/3 cup (5-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon MAGGI Reduced Sodium Chicken Flavor Instant Bouillon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, pepper and paprika in small bowl. Add butter; toss to mix.
- Arrange chicken in 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with crumb mixture, pressing onto chicken to coat.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, combine evaporated milk, flour and bouillon in small saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in remaining basil. Serve over chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 251 Calories from Fat: 49 Total Fat: 5 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 90 mg Sodium: 413 mg Carbohydrates: 8 g Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g Sugars: 2 g Protein: 35 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.