Chicken Americana with Blue Cheese
An elegant entrée perfect for a special occasion. Breaded and sautéed chicken rolls filled with a creamy walnut and blue cheese stuffing.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2/3 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Blue Cheese
3 ounces Wisconsin Cream Cheese, softened
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/2-inch thickness, being careful not to tear the paper.
- In medium bowl, combine blue cheese, cream cheese, walnuts, bread crumbs, parsley and pepper; blend thoroughly.
- Place 1/3 cup mixture on one side of the chicken breast. Roll breast to enclose the filling; secure the breast with toothpicks. Repeat process with all of the chicken breasts.
- Lightly flour chicken breasts. Sauté the breasts in butter until golden brown.
- To finish the breasts, bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove breasts and let rest 5 to 8 minutes. Remove toothpicks, slice and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.