Chicken and Rice Florentine
For a delightful change of pace serve this tasty dish along with a tossed salad. Your family will be pleased.
1 oven bag, (large size, 14 x 20-inch)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken
1 cup water
1 (9-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup converted or instant long-grain rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Thaw creamed spinach in the microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to minutes; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place oven bag in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Add flour to bag; twist end, and shake.
- Add chicken and next 7 ingredients to bag. Squeeze bag to blend. Arrange ingredients in an even layer.
- Close bag with nylon tie; cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of bag.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
Makes 4 servings.