Chicken and Vegetables on Toast Points
Chicken, green peas, pearl onions and mushrooms in a savory sour cream sauce served on toast.
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 1/2 pounds broiler-fryer boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups dairy sour cream
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons white wine
1 (5-ounce) package frozen peas, pearl onions and mushrooms, cooked according to package directions
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 slices bread, toasted and cut into triangles
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine over medium temperature. Add chicken in one layer; cook about 4 minutes. Turn all pieces and cook until light brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream, soy sauce and paprika; reduce temperature to low and cook until hot through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in white wine and cook 1 minute more.
- Add hot cooked peas, pearl onions and mushrooms and pour all into greased 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil in oven until light brown, about 4 minutes.
- Serve on toast points.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.