Chicken Asparagus Casserole
A creamy chicken and asparagus casserole with just a hint of curry.
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 whole broiler-fryer chicken breasts, halved, skinned, boned and cut into 2x4-inch strips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (10-ounce) package frozen asparagus
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken
- In fry pan place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 5 minutes or until chicken is brown.
- Partially cook asparagus, about 4 minutes, following package directions. Drain.
- In a bowl mix together soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder.
- In large shallow baking pan place asparagus in single layer. Place chicken over asparagus. Spoon soup mixture over all. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and sauce is bubbly.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.