Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Chicken breasts served on a bed of salad
greens drizzled with a grapefruit-pineapple sauce and garnished
with honey-mustard glazed grapefruit wedges and pineapple slices.
Chicken Breasts Riviera
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup grapefruit juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1 grapefruit, cut in 8 wedges
4 pineapple slices
Assorted salad greens
Chopped fresh parsley
- Between two pieces of wax paper, gently
- In small bowl, mix together flour, poultry
seasoning, lemon pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a
time, dredging to coat.
- In large frypan, place oil and heat to
medium high temperature. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes
on each side or until brown.
- In small bowl, mix together cornstarch,
grapefruit juice and pineapple juice until smooth; add to pan
and bring to low boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10
minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In small bowl, mix together butter, honey
- Dip grapefruit wedges and pineapple rings,
one piece at a time, in butter mixture, turning to coat.
- Place fruit on broiler pan and broil about
3 minutes. Keep warm.
- On serving plate, place salad greens;
arrange chicken on top and pour sauce over chicken. Place grapefruit
wedges and pineapple slices around chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National
Chicken Council. Used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.