Chicken Breasts Riviera
Chicken breast scallops served on a bed of salad greens drizzled with a grapefruit-pineapple sauce and garnished with honey-mustard glazed grapefruit wedges and pineapple slices.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup grapefruit juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1 grapefruit, cut in 8 wedges
4 pineapple slices
Assorted salad greens
Chopped fresh parsley
- Between two pieces of wax paper, gently flatten chicken.
- In small bowl, mix together flour, poultry seasoning, lemon pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, dredging to coat.
- In large skillet, place oil and heat to medium high temperature. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until brown.
- In small bowl, mix together cornstarch, grapefruit juice and pineapple juice until smooth; add to pan and bring to low boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In small bowl, mix together butter, honey and mustard.
- Dip grapefruit wedges and pineapple rings, one piece at a time, in butter mixture, turning to coat.
- Place fruit on broiler pan and broil about 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- On serving plate, place salad greens; arrange chicken on top and pour sauce over chicken. Place grapefruit wedges and pineapple slices around chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.