Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This easy, tasty roll-it-up main dish offers
lots of vitamin C and iron, and is a great weeknight or weekend
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small red or green bell peppers, cut
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
meat, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 4 (6-inch) fajita-size reduced-fat flour
- Light sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro
and lime wedges (optional)
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook, stirring
occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is slightly golden
and peppers are tender.
- Stir in chicken, cumin, chili powder and
salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; heat through.
- Serve in tortillas; top with sour cream,
cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4
of recipe): Calories: 256 Calories from Fat: 71 Total Fat: 8
g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 69 mg Sodium: 505 mg Carbohydrates:
23 g Dietary Fiber: 6 g Sugars: 5 g Protein: 28 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.