Chicken Fingers with Honey Sauce
Serve these oven-fried chicken strips with your favorite barbecue sauce as a quick alternative to the honey sauce.
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 beaten egg whites
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups cornflakes, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup honey
4 teaspoons prepared brown, yellow or Dijon-style mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut chicken into strips about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the egg whites and the 1 tablespoon honey. In a shallow bowl combine the cornflake crumbs and pepper. Dip chicken strips into the egg white mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup honey, the mustard, and garlic powder. Serve with chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): calories: 240, total fat: 2g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 49mg, sodium: 269mg, carbohydrate: 33g, fiber: 0g, protein: 23g, vitamin A: 1%, vitamin C: 2%, calcium: 2%, iron: 7%.
Recipe and photograph provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.