Chicken In The Limelight
A baked chicken dish worthy of applause that is sure to become a favorite for repeat performances!
1 medium lime
1 (3-pound) broiler-fryer, cut up
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
1/2 cup dry white wine sauce
Lime wedges and mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- About 1 hour before serving: Grate peel and squeeze juice from lime. Place chicken pieces in bowl; toss with lime juice.
- On sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, salt and paprika; use to coat chicken pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot vegetable oil, cook chicken pieces until browned on all sides. Arrange chicken pieces in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine grated lime peel, brown sugar and dried mint; sprinkle over chicken pieces. Pour white wine over chicken and bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes until chicken is fork tender, basting with pan juices frequently while baking.
- To serve, arrange chicken pieces on platter. Skim fat from drippings in pan; pour pan juices over chicken. Garnish with lime wedges and mint sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.