Chicken Rolls with Cranberry Filling
Festive breaded chicken rolls filled with a savory bread stuffing studded with orange juice-plumped dried cranberries.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/3 cup orange juice
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons dried cranberries - divided use
5 tablespoons butter or margarine - divided use
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 cup crushed herb stuffing mix - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
3 tablespoons honey mustard
Parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Between two sheets plastic wrap, place chicken breasts and flatten with mallet.
- In small saucepan, place orange juice and heat over medium heat. Add the cranberries, cover and set aside to soften.
- In another saucepan, place 2 tablespoons of the butter and melt over medium heat. Add celery and onion and sauté about 2 minutes.
- To 1/3 cup of the stuffing mix, add sage; stir into celery-onion mixture and add 2/3 cup of the cranberries.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and spread with mustard. Spoon cranberry mixture in center of each piece, roll chicken over filling and fasten with wooden picks.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter and dip each chicken roll, first in butter and then in remaining 2/3 cup crushed stuffing. Place chicken on baking pan lined with foil and sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350°F (175°C) oven about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired; sprinkle chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons dried cranberries.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.