Offering a variety of flavors, this sensational baked entrée features tender chicken breasts stuffed with pesto and capers, and is topped with a combination of fresh lemon juice and marinara sauce.
1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan or Romano Cheese - divided use
1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Pesto with Basil
2 tablespoons capers
4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
1 (9-ounce) package BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil.
- Combine 1/4 cup cheese, pesto and capers in small bowl.
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally three-fourths of the way through the meat creating a pocket for stuffing, being careful to not cut all the way through. Place 2 tablespoons pesto mixture into each breast pocket. Secure with wooden picks. Place chicken in prepared baking pan. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C). Remove from oven.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Remove wooden picks from chicken; cut into slices and serve over prepared pasta.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 510 Calories from Fat: 150 Total Fat: 16 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 145 mg Sodium: 1260 mg Carbohydrates: 43 g Dietary Fiber: 4 g Sugars: 7 g Protein: 48 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.