"I've probably given this recipe out 100 times by now...try it and you will love it!" Recipe submitted by Ronni Hall.
12 ounces uncooked egg noodles
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 (10.5-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
1 (4-ounce) can chopped pimentos
2 (4-ounce) cans diced mild green chile peppers
4 cups cooked chicken, chopped up into small pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
10 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I use more)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook noodles as directed on package, drain.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir onion in butter until tender, stir in soup, pimento and chili pepper.
- In greased 4 quart casserole, layer half the noodles and half the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Top with half the soup mixture and half the cheese, repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until cheese is browned on top and it is bubbling.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.