Citrus Baked Chicken
Lively citrus flavors enhance this beautiful baked chicken dish, perfect for family suppers or entertaining.
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 (3 to 4 pounds total) fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Place orange juice, lemon juice, oil, garlic, bouillon, sugar, pepper and oregano in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Place chicken pieces in large, resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place chicken pieces, meat-side-up, in large baking pan. Reserve marinade.
- Bake basting occasionally with reserved marinade, for 50 to 55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. (Discard any remaining marinade.)
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 300 Calories from Fat: 190 Total Fat: 21 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 85 mg Sodium: 570 mg Carbohydrates: 6 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 3 g Protein: 21 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.