Coconut Breaded Chicken with Crunchy Fruit Sauce
Oven-fried chicken gets a delicious tropical make-over in this easy recipe. The accompanying sauce is made with a convenient, ready-made slaw dressing, apricot preserves, cucumber and pecans.
1 2/3 cups T. Marzetti slaw dressing, any flavor
2/3 cup apricot preserves
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup cucumber, remove seeds, chop and drain on paper towel
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 cup unsweetened or sweetened flaked coconut
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Sauce: mix together 2/3 cup slaw dressing, apricot preserves, chopped pecans and chopped cucumber; set aside.
- Mix the bread crumbs and flaked coconut together.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Spoon remaining slaw dressing over each piece, and roll the pieces in the bread crumb/coconut mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve chicken with sauce on the side.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided by T. Marzetti Company courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.