Crispy Potato Chicken
The dried potato-flake coating bakes to a beautiful golden brown hue in this tasty version of oven-fried chicken.
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) chicken, cut up and skin removed
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large zip-lock style plastic bag, combine first five ingredients. Add chicken in batches; shake to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with potato flakes.
- Pour butter into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; add chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes; turn chicken and bake for another 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.