Crunchy Chicken Nuggets
Your family, kids especially, will enjoy these crispy, chip-crusted chicken nuggets with their favorite dipping sauces.
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups crushed sour cream and onion flavored potato chips (or plain, or your favorite flavor)
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or boneless thigh meat, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a small bowl, place the milk and egg and mix together with a fork by beating slightly.
- On a piece of wax paper, place potato chip crumbs mixed with thyme and pepper.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Dip each chunk of chicken piece in egg-milk mixture; then roll in seasoned chip crumbs and arrange in a single layer on foil-lined baking pan. Repeat until all chunks are arranged in the pan. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Drizzle melted butter over chicken chunks and place in oven preheated to 425°F (220°C).
- Bake about 30 minutes or until chunks are brown and crisp and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.