Curried Chicken Rolls
This terrific recipe for Curried Chicken Rolls was submitted by Barbara Long of Laramie, Wyoming.
2 whole broiler-fryer chicken breasts, halved, boned and skinned
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup cooked rice
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
1/16 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/2 cup white wine
1 teaspoon granulated chicken bouillon
- On hard surface with meat mallet or similar flattening utensil, pound chicken to 3/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
- In fry pan, make stuffing by placing butter and melting over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes or until soft. Add rice, raisins, parsley, curry powder, poultry seasoning, brown sugar and garlic powder. Stir until well mixed.
- Divide stuffing in 4 portions. Place one portion on each piece of chicken. Roll and fasten with wooden picks.
- In another skillet, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken rolls and cook, turning, about 15 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Add wine and bouillon. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.