Curry Chicken and Rice Dinner
A very easy curried chicken and rice dinner prepared in an oven roasting bag. Clean-up is a breeze!
1 oven cooking bag (large size 14 x 20-inch)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon curry powder - divided use
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking rice
1 (7.2-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
4 split chicken breasts, skinned
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place oven bag in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Add flour to oven bag; twist end of bag, and shake.
- Add 2 teaspoons curry powder, rice, and next 5 ingredients to oven bag; squeeze bag to blend ingredients.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder; arrange in an even layer on top of rice mixture.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of bag.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
Makes 6 servings.