Deviled Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
A delicious dish for a busy week night, because you prepare everything in advance.
1 whole chicken
1 head of fennel
2 stalks celery
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Start by cutting up a whole chicken. Cut the breast pieces in half with a heavy, sharp knife.
- Wash your hands and board with hot water and soap after handling the raw poultry.
- Brush mustard on the skin side of each piece.
- Place the pieces in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least one hour but up to 24 hours.
- Clean and slice a head of fennel and remove the core. Slice zucchinis, carrots and celery.
- Place all the cut vegetables into a baking pan and toss with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the plastic bag and place over the vegetables and season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170°F (80°C).
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.