Devilish Chicken and Corn On The Cob
Looking for something different to serve for a summer supper? Try this recipe for spicy, breaded oven-fried chicken and corn on the cob, both brushed with the same seasoning mixture and baked alongside each other.
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 ears corn on the cob, husked
1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, cut up
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In medium bowl, stir together melted butter, mustard, vinegar, thyme, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Brush corn and then chicken thoroughly with butter mixture.
- Arrange chicken in one layer in a baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with bread crumbs.
- Set corn in another baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake chicken and corn for one hour; serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.