Easily Elegant Chicken
This deliciously easy Spanish-style sherried tomato sauce, with tender chunks of sautéed chicken breast, green bell peppers and mushrooms, is served over hot fettuccine noodles. Egg noodles or farfalle (bow tie) pasta would be nice, too.
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 teaspoon salt - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper - divided use
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup chopped green bell peppers
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained, chopped
1/2 cup sherry
Hot, cooked fettuccine noodles for accompaniment
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- In skillet, place olive oil and heat over medium high temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 5 minutes or until light brown.
- Add green pepper and mushrooms and continue to stir and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and sherry. Cook about 5 minutes more, stirring several times.
- Serve hot over fettuccine noodles.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.