Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This easy recipe makes a delicious, comforting meal of chicken pot pie without a lot of work by using sautéed chicken breast, frozen veggies and ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust.
1 refrigerated pie crust
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 to 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons butter
2 2/3 cups chicken broth
3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine flour and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to flour; toss to coat.
- Melt butter in large skillet oven medium-high heat. Add the chicken and any remaining flour to skillet and stir until chicken is brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, vegetables and sage. Bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken mixture to deep dish 10-inch pie plate or round casserole.
- Top with pie crust; seal and crimp edge and make slits to vent. Bake in oven until crust is golden, about 15 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.