Easy and Elegant Chicken Medallions
Simple elegance in dining doesn't get much easier than this recipe. Breaded and sautéed chicken breasts served with a creamy mushroom and white wine pan sauce.
4 broiler-fryer chicken boneless breast halves
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons white wine
1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
Cooked rice or pasta for accompaniment
- Season chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- In non-stick skillet, place oil and heat to medium high temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 5 minutes or until brown on all sides. Push chicken to side of pan; add onion and mushrooms. Stir and cook until onion is clear, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, place mustard. Slowly add water, then wine, stirring until smooth; pour mixture over chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove chicken to serving bowl.
- Stir yogurt into pan drippings, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, and pour over chicken. Serve with cooked rice or pasta.
Makes 4 servings.