Fiesta Chicken Thighs
This terrific recipe for Fiesta Chicken Thighs was submitted by Beverly Sebastian.
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
l teaspoon garlic salt
l teaspoon lemon pepper
l teaspoon chili powder
8 skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup hot jalapeño jelly
2 large limes; 1/2 sliced, 1/2 reserved
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
Ripe olives for garnish (optional)
Parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)
Red cherry peppers for garnish (optional)
- In plastic bag, mix together flour, garlic salt, lemon pepper and chili powder. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In large skillet, place butter and olive oil; heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about l0 minutes or until brown on all sides. Reduce heat, cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove cover and cook about 5 minutes more or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Turn chicken crosswise, meaty side up, and cut diagonally into chicken 3 or 4 times. On foil-lined pan, place chicken and spoon jalapeño jelly evenly over chicken, spreading with fork.
- Bake in 400°F (205°C) oven about 5 minutes or until jelly melts. Squeeze juice from reserved 1/2 lime over chicken.
- Remove chicken to serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Garnish with lemon slices, olives, parsley sprigs and red cherry peppers, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.