Florentine Chicken Pizza
For a simple, yet tasty meal, try this pizza topped with sautéed chicken breast strips, a lemony spinach ricotta cheese mixture, ripe olives, pimento and Parmesan cheese.
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1-inch strips
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 cup chopped green onion, white and green parts included
3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (16-ounce) Italian bread shell
1 medium Roma tomato, thinly sliced
1/4 cup quartered ripe olives
2 tablespoons chopped pimento
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In large skillet, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove chicken from skillet.
- In small bowl, mix together Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of mixture over chicken.
- In medium bowl, mix together onion, spinach, ricotta cheese, lemon juice and remaining seasoning. Stir to blend.
- Spread mixture over bread shell, add tomato slices and top with chicken. Sprinkle with olives, pimento, Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F (220°C) oven about 8 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.