Garlic Chicken and Grapes
This terrific recipe for Garlic Chicken and Grapes was submitted by Lillian Villwock of Anchorage, Alaska.
12 chicken thighs
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seed
2 cups red seedless grapes
1 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted
- Coat large baking pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan; cover with foil. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 35 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix together mustard, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic and cayenne.
- Remove foil; drain excess liquid, leaving about 2 tablespoons in pan. Spoon mustard mixture over chicken and sprinkle with sesame seed. Return chicken to oven and bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease, basting chicken with sauce halfway through cooking.
- Place grapes and hazelnuts around chicken and bake about 3 minutes or until grapes are heated through.
- To serve, place chicken and grapes on a platter and spoon sauce over both.
Makes 6 (2 thigh) servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.