Garlic Chicken Fettuccine
Fettuccine pasta is tossed with tender chunks of chicken breast and mushrooms in a buttery garlic cream sauce.
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup Wisconsin American Grana® Cheese*, grated
1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté, stirring until fully cooked 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; cook until mushrooms are heated through.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and simmer over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1/2 cup of Grana Cheese. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in boiling water, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and turn into a warm serving bowl.
- Pour garlic chicken sauce over and sprinkle with remaining Grana Cheese; garnish with parsley and serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
*Or use freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.