Ginger-Peachy Chicken Bake
This terrific recipe for Ginger-Peachy Chicken Bake was submitted by Mrs. C. M. Bilden of Enid, Oklahoma.
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 (3-pound) broiler-fryer, cut up
2 teaspoons salad oil
1 (16-ounce) can peach halves in heavy syrup
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
Lemon leaves for garnish (optional)
- About 1 hour before serving: In plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Place chicken pieces in bag and shake to coat evenly. In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook chicken, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown on all sides. Remove chicken pieces to roasting pan skin-side up, as they brown.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon peach syrup. Set peach halves aside.
- In small bowl, combine reserved peach syrup, honey and ground ginger. Brush some honey mixture over chicken in roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake chicken 35 to 40 minutes, brushing occasionally with honey mixture.
- Brush peach halves with honey mixture; top peach halves with sour cream; sprinkle with coconut. Place peach halves in pan with chicken during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking.
- To serve, line large platter with lemon leaves, if desired. Arrange chicken and peach halves on leaf-lined platter.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.