Ginger Glazed Chicken
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council.
1 package (about 1 pound) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter or margarine - divided use
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (14-ounce) package frozen baby carrots, partially thawed
1/2 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to serving platter; keep warm.
- Over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and ginger, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add carrots and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, 5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly and carrots are heated through.
- To serve, spoon sauce and carrots over chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.