Ginger Pepper Baked Chicken
Tasty, low-fat oven-fried chicken with a gingery pepper bread crumb coating.
1 cut-up broiler-fryer chicken, skin and any visible fat removed
1 (8-ounce) bottle oil-free Italian dressing, heated
1 cup dry, fine bread crumbs
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour warm Italian dressing over chicken, cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 4 hours. (This may be done in the morning or the night before.)
- At cooking time, line 9 x 15-inch baking pan with foil; spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Mix together bread crumbs, ginger and pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade and roll each piece in crumb mixture; arrange in baking pan.
- Place in 350°F (175°C) oven and bake 1 hour or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.