Gingered Orange Chicken Papaya
This terrific recipe for Gingered Orange Chicken Papaya was submitted by Sylvia Harber of Boulder City, Nevada.
1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange concentrate, thawed
2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
1 cup toasted coconut, crumbled
1/2 cup bread crumbs
8 chicken thighs, skinless
Papaya Salsa (recipe follows)
Fresh mint leaves
- In medium bowl, mix orange juice and gingerroot.
- In separate bowl, mix coconut and bread crumbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in orange juice mixture and then in coconut mixture. Place chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Remove chicken to serving dish, garnish with mint leaves and serve with Papaya Salsa in separate bowl.
Makes 4 servings.
Papaya Salsa: In large bowl, mix together 1 ripe papaya, peeled and cubed; 1/2 cup diced red onion, 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced; 1 kiwi, peeled and diced, 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.