Golden Glow Chicken
This terrific recipe for Golden Glow Chicken was submitted by Thomas Goodman of Harrison, Maine.
6 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
1 tablespoon water
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup corn flake crumbs
3 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup apricot nectar
1/8 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
1 (8-ounce) can unpeeled apricot halves for garnish (optional)
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper. On hard surface with meat mallet or similar flattening utensil, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In small bowl, mix water and egg.
- In shallow dish, place corn flake crumbs.
- Dip chicken, one piece at a time, in egg mixture, then in corn flake crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere crumbs.
- In large skillet, place butter and melt over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, about 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and fork can be inserted with ease.
- While chicken is cooking, in small saucepan, place cornstarch, ginger, salt, apricot nectar and hot pepper sauce; stir over low heat until cornstarch dissolves and mixture is thickened.
- To serve, place chicken on platter and top with apricot nectar sauce. Garnish with apricot halves and parsley, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.