Good 'N Green Chicken Casserole
Creamy chicken casserole with spinach noodles, green onions and avocado.
1 broiler-fryer chicken, cooked, skinned, boned, broken into large pieces (about 4 cups)
6 ounces spinach ribbon noodles
1/2 cup chicken broth, (reserved from cooking chicken)
1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped green onion
1 avocado, cut into chunks
1/3 cup slice ripe olives
1/2 teaspoon salt - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper - divided use
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Prepare chicken.
- Cook spinach noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in large bowl ; pour warm broth over noodles.
- In medium bowl, mix together tomato, onion, avocado, olives, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Sprinkle warm chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper; gently mix with yogurt.
- Add seasoned vegetables and chicken to bowl of noodles, mixing well.
- Pour into shallow 2-quart baking dish and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 15 minutes or just until heated through.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.