Greek Chicken Legs
This terrific recipe for Greek Chicken Legs was submitted by Elaine Schultz of Miami, Florida.
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 chicken drumsticks
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (10.75-ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
1 (10.75-ounce) can Clamato juice
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 (4-ounce) package Feta cheese, crumbled
6 cups hot cooked orzo
3 tablespoons chopped black olives
3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Place oil in skillet and heat to medium temperature; add drumsticks and cook about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Add onion, mushrooms and zucchini; cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add Greek seasoning, cinnamon, chicken broth and Clamato juice; bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer. Cover, with vent open, and cook about 40 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Return temperature of skillet to high and boil liquid about 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Slowly add flour and cheese to skillet, stirring until smooth. Return chicken to skillet and simmer 2 minutes.
- To serve, place orzo on large platter, add chicken and pour sauce over all. Sprinkle with olives and parsley.
Makes 6 (2 drumstick) servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.