Say aloha to some mighty tasty Hawaiian-style chicken cutlets with a crisp macadamia nut crust, served topped with an easy tropical fruit sauce.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup dry sherry
1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup crushed macadamia nuts
1 (15.25-ounce) can tropical fruit salad - reserve juice
Tropical Sauce (recipe follows)
- In large resealable plastic bag, mix together soy sauce, sherry, pineapple juice, vinegar, sugar and garlic.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness, place in pineapple mixture and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- Roll chicken in crushed macadamia nuts and place in baking pan lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for about 20 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Pour tropical fruit salad over chicken and top with Tropical Sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Tropical Sauce: With small amount of juice from tropical fruit salad, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch and stir until smooth. Add remaining fruit salad juice; stir in 1 tablespoon dry sherry and 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot. Place in small saucepan over low heat and cook about 2 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.