Herb Rubbed Chicken with Jalapeño-Lime Glaze
This terrific recipe for Herb Rubbed Chicken with Jalapeño-Lime Glaze was submitted by Susan Miller of Litchfield, Arizona.
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, crumbled
2 teaspoons, plus 1 tablespoon, jalapeño jelly - divided use
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 lime, juiced and peel grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In small bowl, mix together rosemary, sage, thyme, cumin and salt. Sprinkle chicken with herb mixture and rub in, coating both sides; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese and 2 teaspoons of the jalapeño jelly until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat large non-stick skillet on medium high temperature, reduce heat to medium and add oil, tilting to coat bottom of pan. Add chicken, smooth side down and cook about 3 minutes or until brown. Turn chicken, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon jalapeño jelly, lime juice and grated peel; cook, basting, 2 minutes longer.
- To serve, place chicken on plate and pour some of the pan juices over chicken. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto each serving and garnish with lime slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.