Japanese Amazu Chicken
This terrific recipe for Japanese Amazu Chicken was submitted by Marie Rizzio of Traverse City, Michigan.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 cups fresh bean sprouts
1 small salad cucumber
1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
3 tablespoons sliced green onions (tops reserved for garnish)
Amazu Sauce (recipe follows)
Toasted sesame seeds
Finely chopped red pepper
- In large bowl, mix together eggs and cornstarch. Dip chicken strips into mixture, coating well.
- In large nonstick skillet, place oil over medium high heat. Add chicken (half at a time) and cook about 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- In large saucepan of boiling water, cook bean sprouts 3 minutes; drain.
- Using vegetable peeler, cut cucumber into thin strips.
- Toss together bean sprouts, cucumber, radishes and green onions; place on serving dish and arrange chicken on top. Drizzle with Amazu Sauce. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, red pepper and green onion tops.
Makes 4 servings.
Amazu Sauce: In small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon sesame oil; blend well.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.