Korean Stir-Fried Chicken
A Korean-style chicken stir-fry with toasted crushed sesame seeds, green onions, bean sprouts and short grain rice. For more flavor—and a kick of heat—add some red pepper flakes or hot chili sauce such as Sriracha, to taste.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons soy sauce - divided use
2 tablespoons peanut oil
3 tablespoons sesame seed, toasted and crushed*
4 green onions, tops included, chopped fine
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
2 cups hot cooked short grain rice
- In large bowl, mix together chicken, gingerroot, salt and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- In large, heavy skillet add peanut oil and heat over medium high temperature. Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until chicken is opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Add sesame seed, onion and garlic, continuing to stir-fry about 2 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and stir-fry just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Finally, gently stir in cooked rice and remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
*Place sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat, stir and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Crush with mortar and pestle or blend quickly in blender.