Lemon Artichoke Chicken
This delicious recipe hails from the Culinary Center of Kansas City—suffice it to say that it takes pan-fried chicken and gravy to new heights!
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour - divided use
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1/2 cup butter - divided use
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 cups chicken stock or broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/4 cup capers
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In shallow dish, combine 4 tablespoons flour and black pepper. Dredge chicken breast halves in mixture.
- In large skillet over high heat, melt 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick). Add green onions; sauté over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add chicken to pan; cook, turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add chicken stock and wine to pan, stirring to scrape bits off bottom. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- In small bowl, knead together remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 cup butter. Whisk into sauce and stir until thickened. Stir in lemon juice and artichoke hearts. Stir in salt.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Just before serving, add capers and chopped parsley to chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.