Lemon-Thyme Chicken Thighs Pilata
This terrific recipe for Lemon-Thyme Chicken Thighs Pilata was submitted by Mildred Rutar of Torrington, Wyoming.
16 chicken thighs
4 teaspoons garlic salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons dried thyme
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup, plus 1/2 cup buttermilk - divided use
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 lemons, sliced for garnish (optional)
3 sprigs fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Rub each chicken thigh with garlic salt.
- In medium shallow dish, mix flour and thyme. Roll chicken in flour mixture, dredging to coat.
- In large nonstick skillet, place oil and heat to medium high temperature.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook about 6 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove chicken from skillet and arrange in 9 x 13 non-stick baking pan.
- In medium bowl, mix together honey, mustard, horseradish, lemon juice and 1/3 cup of the buttermilk. Drizzle mixture over chicken.
- Bake chicken in 375°F (190°C) oven about 45 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons oil and place skillet over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, flour and remaining 1/2 cup buttermilk. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- To serve, arrange chicken on platter and drizzle sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.