Lime-Garlic Chicken with Guacamole Noodles
Chicken breast cubes are marinated in a tart and tangy lime wine cooler and garlic marinade, dredged in flour, stir-fried and served atop noodles tossed with guacamole, sour cream, and sprinkled with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup lime wine cooler
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
4 tablespoons prepared guacamole
2 tablespoons light sour cream
4 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place chicken in medium bowl and sprinkle with garlic powder. Add wine cooler, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Using colander, thoroughly drain marinade from chicken.
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper; add chicken, turning to coat well.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, place olive oil. Add chicken and stir-fry about 4 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease.
- Drain noodles and mix with guacamole and sour cream; arrange on serving platter and top with chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with lime wedges and thin slices of avocado (dipped in lemon to avoid discoloring).
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.