Middle Eastern Chicken with Tomato and Feta
Sautéed chicken cutlets served with a quick and easy Middle Eastern-spiced pan sauce of fresh diced tomato, green onions, fresh mint and crumbled feta cheese.
1 whole chicken breast, split, boned, and skinned
4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 large tomato, seeded and diced
3 green onions, sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup crumbled feta Cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put each breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten to a uniform thickness of 1/4 inch; set aside.
- Mix the vinegar, mustard, and seasonings in a small dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, green onions, mint, cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the vinegar mixture in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over high heat. When hot, add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and heat about 30 seconds. Add the chicken breasts. Cook, turning once, until they are cooked through, about 3 minutes total. Transfer the chicken to two dinner plates.
- Add the tomato mixture to the skillet, cook, and stir about 20 seconds and divide between the chicken breasts. Serve at once.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.