Mint and Ginger Chicken
Hot and spicy chicken stir-fry with Napa cabbage, lime juice and peel, gingerroot and fresh mint.
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce - divided use
1 1/2-inch piece gingerroot, peeled
2 green chiles, chopped
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 lime, peel grated and juice - divided use
3 cups chopped Napa cabbage
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- In medium bowl, place chicken. Sprinkle with flour, turning to coat. Add fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce; set aside.
- Place gingerroot in blender or food processor and mince, about 30 seconds; add chilies, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel. Blend or process about 1 minute; set aside.
- Spray wok or Dutch oven with non-stick spray and heat to high temperature. Add chicken, onion and cabbage, stir-frying about 4 minutes until chicken turns white.
- Pour ginger sauce mixture over chicken and continue to stir-fry until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and top with mint.
- Serve hot with rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.