Oven-Fried Chicken Madras
This terrific recipe for Oven-Fried Chicken Madras was submitted by Annette Erbeck of Mason, Ohio.
1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped mint leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Yogurt-Pistachio Sauce (recipe follows)
Cilantro sprigs for garnish (optional)
Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In shallow bowl, mix together yogurt and curry powder.
- On sheet of wax paper, mix together pistachios, bread crumbs, mint, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in yogurt mixture, then roll in pistachio mixture, coating well. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray; arrange in baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place in 400°F (205°C) oven for about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Garnish with cilantro and mint sprigs, if desired; pass Yogurt-Pistachio Sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Yogurt-Pistachio Sauce: In small bowl, mix together 1 container (8 ounces) plain nonfat yogurt, 3 tablespoons toasted chopped pistachios, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.