Oven-Fried Honey Chicken
Everyone will love the flavorful, honey-crumb crust on this baked-instead-of-fried chicken—not to mention no grease splatters for the cook during preparation.
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
6 (4 to 6-ounce) fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halves
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar; set aside.
- Pour bread crumbs into separated bowl; set aside.
- Spread oil over foil-lined baking pan large enough to hold all chicken pieces in one layer.
- Roll chicken pieces in honey mixture, then in bread crumbs; place onto pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
Makes 5 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Honey Board.